Bucksport, Maine
1.3

Recommend you get the extended warranty as this model has known issues that Vizio will not stand behind.

--------------- Original Message ---------------

From: Arel Spaulding

Sent: 1/4/2016 5:50 AM

To: customersupport@vizio.com

Collin,

After one year, we no longer hold onto individual receipts as we hold onto the credit card statements with our tax documents.

When we provided the serial number to the Vizio customer support representative (Bryan) on the phone last week, he actually told us that it was purchased at Sam's Club before we informed him where we had purchased it.

Having experience working part time at department stores and dealing with returns, I'm a little confused with your statement below "so we can verify coverage" as this item is clearly tracked from production to sale.

What is the next step without a receipt as we can clearly show proof of purchase and the TV is still in our living room inoperable?

Respectfully,

Arel Spaulding

From: "customersupport@vizio.com"

To: "

Sent: Sunday, January 3, 2016 10:59 AM

Subject: Re: no video [ ]

I apologize for any confusion, but I never mentioned anything about us not covering this. I am asking for a copy of your receipt (which we do need an actual receipt, your card statement is not valid for this) so we can verify coverage. Please work to get this to me as soon as possible so we can look into this for you.

If you need our assistance again in the future you can contact us by chat at http://chat.vizio.com or by phone at 877-878-4946.

Thanks and have a great day!

Collin

From: Arel Spaulding

Sent: 1/3/2016 8:04 AM

To: customersupport@vizio.com

Collin,

Before I go back into our records to pull the credit card statement showing purchase of the Model E701i-A3 Vizio TV from Sam's Club that has a defect, it would be helpful to understand why you wish to have this information. If you are looking to see if this Vizio TV is still under the first year warranty or if an extended warranty was purchased for this Vizio product, I can save us both some time by stating no to both.

Second, I would like to share that the response from Vizio support by phone resulted with "It is recommended to purchase an extended warranty with our LED TVs' as there can be issues later", "We recommend that you consider purchasing another TV" and "The number to your local repair facility (ITI) is 1-888-248-2708".

I am asking Vizio to stand behind their product. I expect when spending 1,200 dollars for a TV that it last more than 18 months unless I cause it not to work by improperly handling or using it and I'm almost certain, most customers expect the same after reviewing http://hdguru.com/vizio-issues-a-recall-on-large-screen-led-lcd-hdtvs/. If Vizio has a different opinion on how long their 1,200 dollar Model E701i-A3 should last, please feel free to share that with me to save us both time. I have a RCA 20" XL 100 Stereo Remote model X20323WN serial number 903371408 purchased in 1989 that has moved from one side of the USA to the other during my time in the United States Marine Corps that still works today. I do not expect most products today to last as long as the older ones. I do expect them to last longer than 18 months and I do expect a company that has itself noted a problem with their product (http://blog.vizio.com/post/42692468613/vizio-special-bulletin), to take appropriate steps to fix the problem.

If Vizio is not going to stand behind their product that I have purchased less than 2 years ago, please just say so and I will take appropriate steps to ensure others understand as well by sharing this information in reviews made available by Sam's Club, Wal-mart, HD GURU, BBB and so on.

I would like to also share that we have enjoyed Vizio products which started with the first purchase of a LCD Vizio TV for my father in 2009 as a Christmas present from myself, two brothers and sister. This Vizio TV purchased for my father has endured much use from many grandchildren (movies, Wii, etc.) and visitors and still works today. Because of the success of this TV at my fathers, we have started to move from Sony products to Vizio products in our new home we built after retiring from the Marine Corps. We now have three Vizio TV's and a Vizio Sound system and wish to continue Vizio products. I hope this issue with our Model E701i-A3 is corrected soon as the Superbowl is coming and I will have a 70" TV to watch it on.

Respectfully,

Arel Spaulding

MSgt USMC (Ret.)

Original message sent via website:

"Our Model E701i-A3 purchased at Sam's Club is no longer displaying video. After calling tech support with no success we found that this particular T.V. model had a recallhttp://hdguru.com/vizio-issues-a-recall-on-large-screen-led-lcd-hdtvs/and http://blog.vizio.com/post/42692468613/vizio-special-bulletin. We are experiencing the same issue as stated in the above recall with same model t.v. We would like to request assistance on either repairing or replacing the Vizio ModelE701i-A3 we purchased from Sam's Club. The serial number isLFTRNXBP3000399 which again we realize is out side of the recall notice from Vizio stated above but is the very same issue, no video with still audio and remote working.We currently have three Vizio T.V.products and wish to continue.

Arel Spaulding"

From: "customersupport@vizio.com"

To: ">

Sent: Saturday, January 2, 2016 2:08 PM

Subject: no video [ ]

Thank you for your recent inquiry with VIZIO. I would be more than happy to help you. Here at VIZIO we do offer best in class technical support.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Please send me a copy of your receipt so I can look into this for you.

Thanks and have a great day!

Collin

visit us: www.vizio.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/vizio

Twitter : twitter.com/vizio

ref:_00D1aKFTF._5001a31PzF:ref

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Repair or replace.

Comments