purchased this Vizio TV and before the year was up the TV crapped out at least the most important part and that is the digital tuner. Sent it back and got a "refurbished" one.

Within 1 month that TV crapped out same problem. Built in China and built to last one year.

Save your money and buy any other brand. The Mfg will only send out refurbished tv to respond to consumer complaint but those refurbished tv all are having problems so its like getting someone else headaches and you get to spend all day on the phone jumping through hoops to get service

Product or Service Mentioned: Vizio Tv.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 09, 2008.

Comments

I have two vizio TV's one a 42" and just got a 32" and they both work great. I had one issue with a pixel on my 42" but I'm almost thinking I caused the issue by cleaning the screen with Windex. However they did replace it under warranty and yes it was a refurb but this is standard practice across all manufacturers so if you purchased even a Sony it would of also been replaced with a refurb.

Also don't forget only Toshiba and Samsung make there own LCD Panels and components so if you buy anything else like Vizio or Sony or Philips there all the same. The screens come from a maker most likely in china.

Also the warranty for the TV which you can buy to extend it from the year isn't that expensive and is suggested on any brand LCD you purchase.

When I had my replacement done they brought me a refurb tv in the box like new to my home. hooked it up and took away the old one. The new one had no marks or signs of use and had newer firmware. Refurb doesn't mean it was broken or used it can mean the TV was returned and there for could not be sold as new or might of had a simple fix issue or a damage box.