Lethbridge, Alberta
1.9

TV is eight months old, two months past the six month period wherein I can just return it for another one as it was purchased at Costco. TV now just starts itself up again just about immediately after turning it off.

Emailed Vizio and, although under warranty, they insist that I return it to the USA where they'll have a repairman come and fix it or, in all likelihood, ascertain what it needs for parts, order the parts, return later and repair it. Trouble is, I live in Canada. Their reps, as does a "manager" name of Jameson (just Jameson, don't know if it's his first or last name) claim this is policy and indeed, on looking at their warranty, one line does say if it's purchased in the USA it must be repaired in the USA or purchased in Canada, it must be repaired in Canada.

What an utter load! The thing is made in Mexico and shipped throughout North America.

Jameson claimed it was made in southeast Asia although that cannot be correct as Vizio is listed as the only North America manufacturer and subject and qualifies for NAFTA. "Jameson" was arrogant and condescending.. Don't for the life of me why he bothered to call if he had no intention of helping.

Got so angry I hung up immediately after telling him I will never buy another Vizio for the rest of my life and I won't. No customer service, no empathy, no nothin'!

Product or Service Mentioned: Vizio E48-c2 Tv.

Vizio Cons: Lack of service and customer service arrogance.

Comments

Machele
#1195886

Vizio is a rather unreliable telly. Now you know why they are cheaper than major brands.

Most people will buy these cheap sets like Element, Vizio, etc.

based solely on the cheap price. It's best to buy an RCA, Panasonic, Sony, etc.

Vizio Reviews