Vizio LCD HD TV(s) are defective and unreliable. Do you want to spend $999.99 for a flat screen television set only to have it fail after two years.

Don't buy the Vizio brand product. The light source, which is the life of the television failed on three of my Vizio flat screen sets. The light source is the life of the unit. If a component failed, the television could be repaired, but if the light source fails, it is cheaper to replace the whole product.

The Vizio manufacturer says that a certain number of their units will fail. If you don't purchase an extended warranty you've lost out. A warranty will cost $400.00 extra for three years. Than if the television fails after three years there is no recourse.

A regular $150.00 television set plays for ten years or longer. I recommend a flat screen from a company that builds, manufactures and owns a patent on the light source, like Samsung, or Sharp.

Vizio is junk!!!! AND a Waste of MONEY!!!

Comments

I got to say that I will never buy a vizio again!!! had mine not even two years (1)it popped and went out vizio fixed it (2)now the color is blue and green DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY

I'm in the same boat you folks are. I have had my Visio for 3 years the 28th of December, and the light source went out on it 2 days ago. I'm sending the President of Visio a nasty letter about the *** they manufacture.

I agree. 13 months, it is "out of warranty" $400 to repair. what a crock.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #88412

I agree. We purchased ours at a GREAT price.

ONE year later, it was taken to the dump. Wonderful set if you want to waste money.