1.5

I purchased a 70" TV Model No E701i-A3 for $1800 in May 2013 for my daughter, and bought a 1 yr extended warranty. In June 2015 the picture went out.

In researching the internet, I found the recall and called them. They said it isn't actually a recall, but an extra year of warranty, and mine would have run out the end of May 2015- convenient! I explained I purchased the extra year, and since they KNOW its a DEFECT they should add their extension on top of that or they virtually made the money I spent on the extension worthless! They said no, but they could offer me a discount and I could purchase a new TV at 1/2 price for $1,000.

So it makes sense to spend another grand with a company that has just proven to me that won't stand behind their product??? The other option was to call a repair company that they gave me the number for, that would fix it. I called them. They laughed.

They said originally Vizio sent out a bulletin saying a chip would fix it. Then they send another saying the chip wouldn't fix it and the cost of repair exceeds the value. So I'm just out of luck! I have 2 other Vizio's and really thought they would take care of this since they know for a fact it's a bad screen.

I only hope they read this and know I will use every tool available to spread the word.

My case number is 5970970. Vizio - Please make this right!!!!

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Dont stand behind their product, Customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 07, 2015.

Comments