As a family Christmas gift in 2012 I purchased a 60" VIZIO tv...within a couple of months we started issues where the video would go black but the audio would continue to play.

After several calls to Vizio about it, they finally returned my call, in essence trying to convince me it was the fault of our cable/satellite box. After replacing the "box" several times, things seemed to settle down, but after many months it started all over again. This time we went on line and found that VIZIO had previously acknowledged a KNOWN DEFECT in on of their control boards, but had NEVER publicized it, AND had limited their esposure to repairs to a limited time. As soon as we found this out we started to call VIZIO for an explanation...but again needed many phone calls to get anyone to call us back.

By now, we are almost 2 years into the TV, with more than 6 months of no picture. When we found out about the "silent recall", they denied us any service because it was beyond their "self imposed" time line. After some pressure, we convinced them to fix it.

So another several months before we finally heard from "ITI" the service company assigned by VIZIO to do the repairs...after almost 4 months of unanswered phone calls ITI finally sent a guy to fix our tv. He shows up far outside of the scheduled time, spends less than 20 minutes working on the tv, does a 5 minute test and leaves. Within an hour the problem resumes, now worse than ever before.

Calls to ITI were referred back to VIZIO, with ITI saying it was a VIZIO matter, while VIZIO says it is now the responsibility of ITI to honor their 90 day service warranty.

NOW we have a 60" paperweight...

Vizio's only response? They offered me a "discounted" price to purchase a replacement TV...that "discounted" price is less than 10% off the cost of going to our local store, PLUS Vizio says we also have to pay shipping for the purchase ! !

VIZIO does NOT honor their warranty, nor do they "honor" their customers, even when they know the customer is a US Veteran, as well as disabled !

In my previous job I purchased and installed dozens of Vizio in retail establishments (bars, theme restaurants, etc)....but I will NEVER recommend VIZIO to anybody, any time. And I am sending warnings to each of my previous clients to make them aware of the issues so when it comes time to upgrade their services, they look for another brand of TV. One that has INTEGRITY, and honors their customers and warranties...

This reviewer shared experience about "poor cust svc, bad quality, failure to honor warranty, defective products" and wants this business to "replacement of brand new, fully warranteed 60" (or larger) 1080p 120hz (or better) or" as the author lost $999. JOHNIRISH is overall dissatisfied with Vizio. The most disappointing about vizio 60-inch smart hdtv at Vizio was two defective replacements, unwilling to help and customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Vizio.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Vizio to other companies on our site.

Comments

Now Jan 3, 2016 and no response from Vizio....I should have figured as much. Customers are nothing but dollar signs to this company and integrity is foreign to them