State: New York City: Brooklyn Clear all filters (1 of 427 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Vizio review in Brooklyn, New York: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

I received a smart 60' vizio tv for Christmas and 7 months later the screen went black, but I still had sound. So I cut the TV off and of course it never came back on. When I got home from work I called Vizio the rep stated that after 500 or 5000 hours the chip goes out, so now they are making new chips to replace the old ones. She puts my order in to get a refurbish tv with the new chip. I get the new TV and I call Vizio, I tell the rep that I want my warranty to start from today since I received a NEW TV she stated that it doesn't start over that's our policy. I ask to speak to a Supervisor/ Manger and she stated that's there policy. I stated that's not fair to the customer, because if this should happen again with the NEW TV then the customer is A****D OUT. This is a NEW TV with a NEW CHIP, it's like a new purchase. She said she will send me a letter with the new warranty date starting today, I will not hold my breath. If this should ever happen to anyone just request your money back!!!!

A warranty provides a specified interval of service for a product. One year means 12 months.

Getting a new, refurb or other exchange item during this period does not entitle purchaser to a new warranty. The same applies to extended warranty contracts.

Only the amount of time stated is purchased by consumer, not one minute more than listed. Read the warranty policy before making the purchase, then buy based on what meets your requirements.

I bought a Vizio 42" last Fall. Within a month the audio failed when changing channels, and the TV had to be unplugged (wouldn't respond to remote or power button on the back) to be reset.

Vizio sent out a repairman who changed out much of the machine, but the problem persisted...and still persists.

They refuse to do anything about it because "it's now out of warranty" - by 2 weeks. When I pointed out that the issue started a month after purchase (last October, well before the warranty ran out) and is still not fixed, their response remained "It's Vizio's policy that repairs must be made within the warranty period.

How Vizio got on JD Power's lists is beyond me - the units are sub-par and the Customer Service unprofessional.

@Nick Mockridge

Wow...that is a bummer, Nick. You know, a Manufacturer's Limited Warranty starts when you first buy the product and you have to let the Manufacturer know you are having problems as soon as they start. It protects YOUR RIGHTS by calling them!

My 60" Vizio was having the same problems you describe. My kid brother was staying over and didn't like the FIOS choices so he hooked up an antenna, ran a channel scan and watched over-the-air TV (I call it Plain Vanilla TV). No problems with the audio when changing channels, too. Weird.

When I called Vizio the gal had me unplug the TV and then hold the power button in for 10 or 15 seconds. That was strange. Didn't fix the loss of audio when we were changing channels on the FIOS but it fixed it so the TV would power off.

Brother points out to me that when I change the channel on the FIOS I am doing just that. The TV stays on the input (we have it on HDMI-3) but it is really the FIOS that is changing the channel. AND LOSING THE AUDIO TOO!

I Googled this and found out it happens with Sony, Panasonic, LG TVs when connected to FIOS. Of course when I called FIOS they told me it was my Vizio. I put my kid bro on the line and let him explain it to them. Comcast is coming next week to help me get rid of the FIOS and get my audio back.

:grin