Desoto, Texas

I had 4 HD TV and wanted to move from a 42" to a 60" and I read good views about Vizio. I purchased the TV in June 2015 for just over $800.

In February 2016 the sound was intermittent, I'd change channels and there would be no sound, I return to the previous channel and there may/may not be sound. I'd go to a completely different channel, same thing maybe/maybe not. At times there was no hope so I'd shut the TV off and turn it back on and it had sound. Repair people came out putting in a new board.

That worked fine for 4 days. They then sent a re-certified TV, a used and repaired TV, that worked for a few days. With the re-certified TV then wouldn't turn on. After a while it did turn on.

There were times when the set wouldn't turn off requiring me to pull the power cord. Yesterday, April 14, 2016, a NEW TV was delivered. The sound worked fine...for almost 5 HOURS. (BTW - New TV serial # begins with the Letter "L", the re-certified sets have a "R") Today the powers that be said it has to be DirectV that I have.

I have switched receiver boxes and HDMI cables. I've never had a problem with the Panasonic or Toshiba TV. Now Vizio is going to send a tech to sit and play with the thing. If you are considering Vizio I think you'd be better off not purchasing from this company.

I said to many Vizio people that I can't be the only person afflicted with this irritation. I am not optimistic

Product or Service Mentioned: Vizio E600i-b3 Tv.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Vizio Pros: Tech support was in the us.

Vizio Cons: It doesnt end and doesnt get better.

Comments

Same thing has happened to us now. We purchased our TV back in July of 2015.

The volume worked yesterday morning (May 2nd) and I turned it off when I left the house. Well when I got home and turned the TV on it had no volume. We have always had LG or Samsung and never had a problem.

We wanted a bigger tv for our living room and this one was on sale for $800 as well and it is just a piece of ***. I would love to get my money back but I don't see that happening.

Your tv never needed a repair to begin with, have fixed this issue at least a thousand times on the phone. You need to change the digital audio output settings in your cable box/satellite receiver to PCM, or L-pcm or depending on the boxes options just turn OFF Dolby and it will force it to pcm whether it says it is or not....at least a thousand times. Unfortuantely none of the service providers 1st level call centers are aware of these settings and half of their field techs don't either

Vizio Reviews