2.0

A week after the warranty expired, my Vizio M502I-B1 stopped turning on. No power lights, no sound, no screen display, no backlights, nothing at all.

Best Buy said they can ship it to Kentucky(?) to have it repaired but I had to pay shipping (and repair) costs both ways (not cheap). So I bought a new LG which I have had for 2 years now with no problems (and it was cheaper than having the Vizio repaired).

After about 3 months, I plugged it in for giggles and it worked perfectly. It worked for 3 weeks without a hitch. Then it started in again. Dead, dead and dead.

Pulled the back off, plugged it in and it ran one time. I am still looking for a replacement power supply board but have had no luck. All suppliers are Out of Stock except for a used board on eBay. I will not buy a used board from eBay that I am sure will have the same issue within a short time.

Others have reported that the 24 volt readings were down to 19.x volts. Mine read the same. The printed pinouts on the board list what should be the correct voltages (24 volts) but they are not.

Also note that it is also possible that the Mainboard is the real problem and the power board could be ok. Or both boards could be bad. But, neither board is available.

So, I'll watch for a new power board to come along. I also plan to contact Vizio and give them a piece of my mind about their shitty products. If within a few months I don't have it fixed then I will take it to be recycled. What a shame that Vizio is building expensive, unreliable products.

I will NEVER buy anything Vizio again !!!

Review about: Vizio M502i-b1 Tv.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Tv while it worked.

I didn't like: Out of warranty issue.

Comments

Resolved? No. No parts are available to repair a Visio product.Will never buy another Visio product.