After 3 months of owning my Vizio 55 inch TV the HDMI became inoperable. I later learned that it was Vizio that damaged my set with a firmware update.

The customer service at first seems helpful and they make it a point to let you know your call is being answered in the USA. They were not helpful at all. One rep told me they were working on it but have no idea when they will get to me. When I tried to get a time frame for repairing the set her answer was “we have a lot of TV’s to get to”.

Don’t ask for a supervisor unless you like being abused. It’s a month later and I am no closer to getting it fixed.

You cannot insist on them honoring their warranty because they wrote into the warranty that you must file an arbitration claim which takes time and cost $200. STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vizio Technical Support.

Comments

If you actually asked or read up on what the firmware update did you’d know it didn’t make your HDMI port inoperable, there’s another issue in that matter and I’d suggest contacting them again just don’t mention “the firmware did it” and you should receive troubleshooting tips like. Is it just from one device (ie DVD player) or all.

Have you tested a different HDMI cord in the same port (cords can go bad). Don’t jump to conclusions put in some effort before blaming a firmware update.

Vizio Reviews