I had a Vizio 70" for a little over 2 years when half of the screen went dark. I had a tech come out and he told be this is a common problem with Vizio's and the panel would need to be replaced at the cost of $2000.

I contacted Vizio support by phone and email explaining the problem hoping they would do something since it wasn't very old. I was told that since it was out of warranty there is nothing they would do. I went to an appliance store to research another tv. When asking what a good brand would be I was told by both sales persons to avoid Vizio's.

When I asked why they said that "They don't last." They have more problems with Vizio's lasting only a couple of years than an other brand. I would suggest avoiding Vizio's.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vizio Tv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Machele

When you buy a cheap telly, you get what you pay for---an unreliable, cheaply-made product. Vizio is one of these as are those made by Element, HiSense and others sold at places like Walmart.

The guy you talked to is quite correct. Look for a name brand telly from RCA, Panasonic, etc. Now you know.

I was in a major store yesterday and witnessed all the people with cartloads of televisions all being sold at low prices. They fell for the low price pitch and most will be sorely disappointed in a few short months like you were.

Vizio Reviews