1.9
Ease of Use
Style and Design

I recently purchased a Vizio D55n-E2 55'' 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV from Walmart on line for $401.At the time, I'm thinking this is a steal.

When I received it on my door step, I was excited. I decided to buy a Vizio because I once saw a San Diego NFL player advertise for them. When I took it out of the box, it didn't look 55 inches. When I measured it, it was 49.5 inches.

I called Walmart to complain. They said I would have to speak with someone from that company. They just sale their products. I contacted Vizio and spoke to a rep and told him the issue.

He ask what was the size on the box. I told him 55 inches. He put me on hold for about three minutes. When he returned, he ask me to turn on the television and go to the page where the screne describes the television.

When I found it, it read what was on the box. He said well that's what size the television is. I explained once again that I measured the television and it was 49.5 inches. He said it wasn't anything they could do.

I contacted Walmart again since they sold it to me. I ask if they had this same television on display. They said yes. I ask if they would measure it.

If it measured 55 inches, I would exchange it. They measured it and told me theirs was 49.5 inches as well. They told me if I would re box it, they would send me a label to return it. I printed off the label and the next day they picked it up and credited my card back the $401.

I read a lot of negative reviews about Vizio's products. I guess I'm glad I didn't purchase it from them.

If you buy a certain size television from Vizio, please measure it.Just because the box says one size, that doesn't mean that's what's inside.

This person wrote the review because of not as described of vizio d55n-e2 tv from Vizio. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Vizio to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was not good business. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Vizio for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Santa Paula, California, United States #1314215

Either the tv owner above bought a refurbished or used tv that was clearly put in the wrong box...such as a 50inch tv in a 55 inch box...or he measured it wrong.TV's first of all are measured from corner to corner, diagonally across the screen, not left to right or bottom to top.

All televisions are measured this way. Secondly, even with that said, virtually every television of a give size usually is from a few millimeters to a few centimeters smaller than the official size it states.

For instance a 49.6 inch diagonally measured screen would be sold as a 50 inch model and a 54.7 inch diagonally measured screen would be sold as a 55 inch movie.Companies routinely round-up to the nearest whole number and they all do this including just about every major brand including Sony, Samsung, Vizio, TCL, Sharp and others.

Any TV measure is corner to corner, it is not left to right.