Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Vizio review in Saint Louis, Missouri: Dead TV

Update by user Dec 12, 2013

As of Dec 11, 2013 the seller 1saleaday.com referred me to the company they bought the vizio refurb from. This happened after I sent a screen shot of my pissedconsumer.com complaint.

I received a replacement refurb vizio TV. Thank you PissedConsumer.com.

Original review posted by user Nov 12, 2013

Bought a Vizio 32" Smart TV from 1SaleaDay.com After only 4 months of use the power keeps going out. Conveniently 1saleaday.com says its covered under warranty and Vizio says that it is not. Vizio claims that 1saleaday.com did not purchase the tv through them and therefore it is not covered. I believe that it is Vizio the should stand behind there product no matter where it is purchased. I plan on finding as many avenues as possible to make others aware of this kind of scam. I also fault 1saleaday.com for not assisting me to find a resolution. Not sure who I complain to next.

If vendor is not an authorized dealer for product, then Vizio is 100% in the clear and has no obligation whatsoever to honor the warranty. Research sellers before making purchases. Gray market, open box, refurbished and the like are notorious for being sold as "new with warranty" resulting in similar problems such as this one.

A company that offers warranty services, has policies they have to follow. If someone else bought this item, sold it to someone else, who then sold it to you.

How does vizio know what happened to that item in the middle. How do they know it wasn't damaged throughout shipping?

This is the sellers fault. If they told you a warranty would come with the item they need to hold that warranty.

Take it to channel 4 and have them look into it!!! columbo, naigus, one of them

$550 32 inch Vizio died after approx. 4 years

Purchased from Costco in December 2009. Recently, the TV makes a loud noise and then the picture turns into vertical lines. Looked into getting it repaired, but decided to buy a new TV instead. I'm going with Samsung this time. No more Vizio's for me -- nor will I ever, ever recommended the Vizio brand to anyone else. How can a company make a tv that lasts less than 4 years. I'm really upset with Vizio and Costo for making and promoting such a *** product. I'm sorry I recommended the Vizio brand to my friend, who purchased a 47 inch just last winter. I will duck and hide when the TV dies in a few years . . .
Loss

Vizio review in Cliffside Park, New Jersey: Terrible product quality and customer service... they lie..

I bought the above sound bar in January 2013 as it was "supposed" to be one of the better ones at the price range. I got it after some delay and the moment I plugged in and started it there was smoke coming out of the sound bar. I got in touch with the customer service and they said that it must have been a faulty one and asked me to send it back for a newer one. First Red flag that they actually sent out a faulty one to the customer. I got the replacement one after a couple of weeks as they had to receive the original before sending a new one to me. The second one worked fine for a couple of months and then the display and one of the hdmi ports stopped working in March. I got in touch with them again and after waiting for a long time was told that I won't be refunded my money but instead they will send me a "refurbished" product. After making it clear that I was no longer interested in their product they told me that it was their policy to send another one before they could refund my money back to me. After a long time of back and forth they agreed to refund me but said that they won't be covering the return shipping. After a lot of explaining that it was their products that were failing they agreed to cover the return shipping. I send them the sound bar back in April and they said that the refund will take 4-6 weeks at least. After waiting 2 months I got in touch with the customer service again to be told that they could not find the soundbar that I had sent by FedEx even though I gave them the tracking number which showed that they had received it.After a couple of weeks calling them on a number of times they said they would send a refund by Paypal. I waited for the refund for another couple of months and contacted them again on September 3rd that I had not received the refund yet. I was told that they had sent it by Paypal and that they will call and email me back with the transaction number.They never called or emailed me regarding the transaction number, I again had to call them and was told that because the time period between the time I bought the original sound bar in January and returned was more than 90 days they had not sent the refund by paypal. Even though I was told on a number of occasions during that time that they had sent a refund by Paypal. Clearly they lied to me about the refund. After chatting with them for sometime on September 23rd or so they agreed to send a check instead. For some unknown reason they said that they can send checks only on first of the following month which would be October 1st. I am still waiting for my refund for a soundbar that was returned on April 24th and received by them on April 29th. They have zero idea on how to treat the customer, they are disrespectful most of the times I call them and lie about sending a refund. I can bet that no other company will deal with their customers in such a horrible manner. I will never ever buy their products in the future and would never recommend anyone buying it either
Review

Vizio review in East Rochester, New York: Ridiculous!!!

On labor day my family and I were watching a movie when we heard a loud pop and sizzling then then formed multiple colors on the screen. I've been dealing with Vizio customer service for 5 days now, just for them to say there's a point of impact! When nothing was thrown at my television. They won't send a tec hnician and are very rude to deal with. I only owned this TV for 6 months and completely waisted 1300 dollars!! I will never buy another product of theirs and definitely wouldn't recommend one to anybody! It doesn't matter how many people you can think of to talk to, there "level 3 technicians" made an assumption and don't want to back it up! Would you send an innocent person to jail without supporting documents? I wouldn't beg them for a technician if I new it was because of impact! I would look like a jack ***!!!

Vizio's customer service is horrendous! Do not buy from them!

About the same story here. Only had the tv for about 4 months vizio won't do anything because they say physical force had to of some it..

It happened when no one was home. Did you get anywhere with vizio?

View more comments (1)

Vizio review in Houston, Texas: Poor Quality, Will Not Stand Behind Product

I was unfortunate enough to decide to by 3 vizio large screen TV's. One broke within 90 days. They replaced it with a refurb. The other has sound that cuts out and all they want to do is make adjustments, will not send someone to look. Bought both at Best Buy. The third has no picture at all and is 6 months old. Now they say the electronics store where P purchased this one is not one of their dealers and will not provide any service. These are the worst televisions on the market and poor warranty back up to no warranty at all at their discretion. Stay away from this company
John N

I don't recommend Vizio because of it's low quality. It may cost less than some, but in my experience they do not hold up and customer service is almost non-existent.

Best to get a brand like Panasonic, RCA, etc. They are all made in China or somewhere in Asia, but the name-brands have better materials and have better quality control. I never buy any appliance that says it was made in China. That, to me indicates an inferior product.

Sony is assembled in Mexico to a great extent and some Sharp products are made in Japan---which is the best place if you can find these products. Malaysia is ok, as is Taiwan, just stay away from all China products.

@John N

The Vizio that you knock is made on the other side of the assembly plant (in China or Mexico) of where your RCA is made. Some of the workers will be doing RCA before lunch and Vizio after.

I would recommend contacting the retailer. They sold the product and if Best Buy wants your return business they will take care of you.

Costco and Sam's have each taken care of and replaced with new my Vizio Smart TV and Soundbar (respectively) when I started having problems after 14 months. :cry

@Vizio Rocks

Probably idiots like you on the assembly lines

Tags
  • Vizio Poor Quality

Vizio review: Piece of junk

four months old, picture goes out and it is not covered by warranty. Sent them a picture of the screen and they told me it was caused by an impact to the screen and was not covered by warranty. I live alone and just returned from vacation and turned the TV on and got no picture. Must have had alien invaders throwing stuff at my TV while I was gone. Arrogant customer service reps, aka known as Louis 1347235. Be forewarned that if you buy a Vizio you get what you get with no support. Will never do business with them again.

same thing just happened to me.. bought a 60" Vizio back on Feb...

watching TV last week suddenly the screen got darker and lines appeared on it... after turning off an then on again a "spider" (similar to what u get on a windshield when hit with a rock) of bright pixels appeared on a completely dark screen.. called them sent pics, and what answer do I get?...

impact on screen not covered by warranty...I guess I must have ghosts that hit the TV, because I didn't see anybody near it when the problem happened.. VIZIO SUCKS!

@justanother1

If it looks like something hit it then it is impact damage. Manufacturer's warranty is for defects caused by Manufacturing; i.e., when it was made. Why would a company warranty against something in your house hitting the TV?

An HDTV panel can be broken and you may not see the damage until you turn it on.

You say that Vizio Sucks...well Sony, Panasonic, LG and so on will not cover PHYSICAL DAMAGE either.

Call your Insurance Agent and have them replace the TV. This is what most Homeowner's policies cover! :grin

View more comments (1)

Vizio review in Brooklyn, New York: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

I received a smart 60' vizio tv for Christmas and 7 months later the screen went black, but I still had sound. So I cut the TV off and of course it never came back on. When I got home from work I called Vizio the rep stated that after 500 or 5000 hours the chip goes out, so now they are making new chips to replace the old ones. She puts my order in to get a refurbish tv with the new chip. I get the new TV and I call Vizio, I tell the rep that I want my warranty to start from today since I received a NEW TV she stated that it doesn't start over that's our policy. I ask to speak to a Supervisor/ Manger and she stated that's there policy. I stated that's not fair to the customer, because if this should happen again with the NEW TV then the customer is A****D OUT. This is a NEW TV with a NEW CHIP, it's like a new purchase. She said she will send me a letter with the new warranty date starting today, I will not hold my breath. If this should ever happen to anyone just request your money back!!!!

A warranty provides a specified interval of service for a product. One year means 12 months.

Getting a new, refurb or other exchange item during this period does not entitle purchaser to a new warranty. The same applies to extended warranty contracts.

Only the amount of time stated is purchased by consumer, not one minute more than listed. Read the warranty policy before making the purchase, then buy based on what meets your requirements.

I bought a Vizio 42" last Fall. Within a month the audio failed when changing channels, and the TV had to be unplugged (wouldn't respond to remote or power button on the back) to be reset.

Vizio sent out a repairman who changed out much of the machine, but the problem persisted...and still persists.

They refuse to do anything about it because "it's now out of warranty" - by 2 weeks. When I pointed out that the issue started a month after purchase (last October, well before the warranty ran out) and is still not fixed, their response remained "It's Vizio's policy that repairs must be made within the warranty period.

How Vizio got on JD Power's lists is beyond me - the units are sub-par and the Customer Service unprofessional.

@Nick Mockridge

Wow...that is a bummer, Nick. You know, a Manufacturer's Limited Warranty starts when you first buy the product and you have to let the Manufacturer know you are having problems as soon as they start. It protects YOUR RIGHTS by calling them!

My 60" Vizio was having the same problems you describe. My kid brother was staying over and didn't like the FIOS choices so he hooked up an antenna, ran a channel scan and watched over-the-air TV (I call it Plain Vanilla TV). No problems with the audio when changing channels, too. Weird.

When I called Vizio the gal had me unplug the TV and then hold the power button in for 10 or 15 seconds. That was strange. Didn't fix the loss of audio when we were changing channels on the FIOS but it fixed it so the TV would power off.

Brother points out to me that when I change the channel on the FIOS I am doing just that. The TV stays on the input (we have it on HDMI-3) but it is really the FIOS that is changing the channel. AND LOSING THE AUDIO TOO!

I Googled this and found out it happens with Sony, Panasonic, LG TVs when connected to FIOS. Of course when I called FIOS they told me it was my Vizio. I put my kid bro on the line and let him explain it to them. Comcast is coming next week to help me get rid of the FIOS and get my audio back.

:grin

Loss

Vizio customer service is horrible

I purchased a new 55inch led tv part of their m series smart tvs on june 18th 13. The tv started turning off on its own and I was getting black shadowing accross the screen. It finally did not want to turn on again, I called vizio and they said they first needed to send a technician to fix my televison that I purchased 31 days before. They could not send me a new tv. I waited 7 business days for a tech to call me which never happened. I once again called customer service and a tech arrived at my home 3 days after. The televisions power was repaired but not the led screen. I then had to re call and have them start another claim. They made me take pictures and send it to them. The first set of pictures were denied. I sent them a picture of a netflix logo that had black shadows on the corners and was denied. The rep said the room was not well lit. I re sent pictured the following day. I called back and was on hold for 30 minutes while two other reps reviewed the pictures. I was then told I would get a new tv within 8 business days. Today I was called by vizio it has been 3 business days since re they told me my the tv would be sent out, they said they cancelled my claim because I did not accept a refurbished tv agreement. I argued that my tv is less than 1 month old and it is broken and that I paid for a new tv and thus want one. They gave me a bunch of *** and said that it is practically new and that it is all they can do. On top of that I have to wait another 8 to 12 business days to receive it. I still have a busted tv 2 months after I bought it and waiting for my replacement. I would never recommend vizio to anyone spend the extra 200 dollars it is well worth it.

Wow...that is too bad that you are having these problems. I would be frustrated too.

Have you buy chance tried contacting the retailer where you purchased the TV? I ask because some retailers (like Costco, Sam's, Wally World) allow you to return product up to 90 days after you bought it and they will replace it with NEW!!

You know...my very first Vizio had to be replaced. Yep -- with what they called a recertified TV. I wasn't sure I heard correct. Recertified? Don't you mean Refurbished? NOPE!! Recertified. I was told by this nice gal on the phone that the TV was most likely returned to Wal-Mart or Sam's because it was too small or didn't fit the TV cabinet. But she also told me that most times Vizio sends out a new TV even though you have accepted the Recertified agreement. And she was right! That 37" TV was new. Oh, the LCD panel was dusty but I didn't mind.

In the years since, I have purchased many Vizio TVs for my siblings and children. A couple had problems and when we took them back to Sam's or Costco it was all taken care of. This weekend we are going to go get one of M series in the 70". Can't wait. :p

46 inch vizio is a piece of junk

my folks bought two 46 inch vizio television in June of 2012, then one died in June of 2013, and the other in July of 2013. At the time of the first quit working, it was within the warranty period, but at the time, my father was dying so my mom did not call until a week after the warranty period. She was told the warranty expired a week ago and they would not do anything. Their other 46 inch died 2 weeks later, not even 13 months after purchased. I will never buy that brand and neither will family or friends. The repair to the TVs was the power board, cost $180 plus labor. NOt worth the repair. It is very interesting to find so many complaints about this product. She replaced the TV with a Samsung, which is rated very highly. I understand that Sony changed the name of the TV to Vizio and now I know why, they had so many complaints, they were hoping to fool the public.

Not happy with vizio

I have a vizio M470sv that is only 14 months old and last night i have this real big grey line going down on my left side screen.i called vizio and was told that i can call a tech to come look at it at my cost now we have a broken tv at home and they don't care and im screwed i will never buy a vizio item again so please go online and check for your self and you will see that we are not the only ones that have had problems with vizio so good luck with your tv.
Tags